Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Age of Apocalypse review part II

Astonishing X-Men (Uncanny X-Men)
Generation Next (Generation X)
X-Calibre (Excalibur)
X-Man
Factor X (X-Factor)
Gambit and the X-Ternals (X-Force)
Amazing X-Men (X-Men)
Weapon X (Wolverine)

These are the 8 titles that make up the important meat and potat'as of the AoA universe; in parenthesis are the derivative titles from the normal Marvel universe (616? I don't know, who cares). Anyway, I'll do a little case by case evaluation on each one.

The reason I selected them in this order, as somewhat explained a little earlier, is because the fourth and final issue of each series, ends in that same order chronologically (according to one particular AoA chronology I've found). My goal was to create a sense of time-progression of the storyline, as well as maintaining the coherence of each individual series, as it's creators may have intended (or better to say as I would have intended for them). This method is opposed to reading each individual issue of the entire crossover in its retroactively researched and discovered Chron. order. For instance, here.

My attention span has grown short an weary, so once again I will continue this post later. That's ok, it makes for more posts, which makes me feel like I'm actually sticking to my goal of posting regularly.

No comments: